Grass is greener and fresher with irrigation systems. It is also easier and efficient. For better agricultural production, irrigation is used as a man-made way to water crops through pipes, ditches, sprinklers, canals, etc.
Lawn irrigation is a type of system that homeowners and business owners use to keep their landscape fresh and beautiful. This is beneficial for crops because it doesn’t have to wait for and depend on rainfall alone. Here are two little things about lawn irrigation:
• Only water when necessary – most lawns only need four to eight days of irrigation
• Water in the morning – just like humans, the best time for water consumption is early in the morning
Before getting into the irrigation installation process, it is important to understand the benefits first.
• It’s efficient – it’s convenient in terms of saving time and water. An automated sprinkler system is a great option for the busy bee or someone who just doesn’t want to manually water the grass with a hose.
• You can control it completely – being that this is an automated machine, you can supervise how much water is distributed and where it is sprayed or sprinkled. This ensures that your yard does not thirst for water or just drown in too much water.
• It’s safe – unlike the regular garden hose, sprinkler heads pop out of the ground and sink back down when finished. It’s safer for the little kids running and playing around the lawn.
• You don’t do much have to do much – the soil’s nutrient balance is maintained because of the regulated water distribution from the sprinkler system.
• It saves money– a sprinkler system determines how much water is distributed therefore, controlling how much water you use. No need to worry about paying too much for the water bill because it’s worth the investment in the long run.
Let’s get into the process of irrigation installation. Don’t be scared!
• Planning is important – Calculate the size of the yard and measure the water pressure.
• Accessing the water line – Make it a priority to connect the system to an existing spigot.
• Trenching – Dig the trench for the water supply lines and sprinkler heads.
• Installing the valve manifold – Install the system and run the AVC pipe.
• Installing the sprinkler heads – Listen to the needs of the lawn and select the sprinkler head accordingly then level the heads with the soil.
• Installing the controller – Connect the wires.
This might sound pretty simple for a self-accomplished handyman but for the newcomers, professional help might be the best idea. It’s best to seek help from a company that specializes in different kinds of irrigation installations like irrigation sytem installation Bend founded in Oregon. It is not only irrigation sytem installation Bend provides but also provides repairing and remodeling, backflow testing, spring inspection and winterization, landscape lighting, and drip irrigation.
Having an irrigation system installed is cost-effective, efficient, and safe not only for personal use but also for industrial use.
Hi, Mike here! There is nothing better than lush green lawns and beautiful blooming plants and flowers, especially in the Springtime! However, in order for grass, trees, flowers and shrubs to thrive they must have an adequate WATER SUPPLY! That's where effective irrigation and sprinkler systems come in! This blog is a dedicated space to discuss best practices and most efficient methods of watering.